|Posted by jony - vietnamhorisontravel[at]gmail dot com
Cost: not expensive
Date: 06th July 2007
Add Your Photo
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
As you are planning your trip or vacation there are many things that you are
going to need to plan for and take care of before your trip starts. You will
definitely want to have purchased some type of travel health insurance so that
you are covered on your trip in the event of a medical emergency. Travel medical
insurance is what is going to protect you if you are taken ill from a virus or
from something that you eat. If you have an accident and are injured your travel
health insurance will pay to have you taken to safety and for your stay in the
Most travel medical insurance will offer you several different policies. If your
own personal health insurance already offers you some type of coverage when you
are on vacation to out of the country you can think about skipping travel health
insurance or you may want to purchase some travel medical insurance to
supplement your personal health insurance. The most important thing to consider
when buying travel health insurance is the length of time that you will be away.
If you are going to be gone for a long period of time or will be traveling often
you will want to buy an extended coverage policy. Different travel medical
insurance policies will cover different types of medial issues. Some of this
coverage may include:
• Medical and hospital expenses.
• Dental emergencies
• 24 hour medical emergency care
• Emergency evacuation
• Accidental death
• Lost luggage
• Trip cancellation
When you are purchasing your travel health insurance make sure that your discuss
exactly what you are looking for with your travel agent.
Traveling can be as easy or as complicated as you make it. Here are some travel
tips and international travel tips to help make your vacation or trip that much
• Local currency. This is one of the most common travel tips that you will hear.
Before leaving on your vacation change some of your money into the local
currency of the country that you are visiting. This will be one less thing for
you to worry about when you arrive at your destination.
• Secure your valuables. Always make sure that your money and traveler’s checks
are in safe in your purse or in your hand luggage rather than in your suitcase.
Suitcases get lost and stolen and you don’t want to arrive at your destination
without and funds.
• Hotel safe. If the hotel in which you are staying has a safe be sure to take
advantage of it and leave your money and valuables in the safe.
• Luggage. Never leave your luggage unattended in an airport or outside of the
airport while you are waiting for your taxi. Always keep a close eye on your bags.
• Confirmations. After you arrive at your destination take some time to make
sure that all your return flight are on time. Making sure that the times you
have on your ticket are correct will save you lots of time in the event that
there has been a scheduling change that you are unaware of.
When you are traveling a big concern is always what and how much to bring. Here
are some travel packing tips for you to take into consideration:
• Pack lightly. This is probably one of the most important travel packing tips
that you will get. The less you pack the better since you can always pick up
those extras or that forgotten sweater at your travel destination.
• Books on language. If you are traveling to a foreign speaking country you may
want to think about taking a long a book that has some common phrases in the
language of the country that you are visiting.
• Color combination. If you pack all of your clothes in two matching colors you
will able to mix and match all of the clothes that you have packed, creating a
variety of outfit choices.
• Raincoat. If you are packing a raincoat find one that will double as a
windbreaker so that you aren’t taking too many pieces of outer clothing.
• Jeans. Leave the jeans at home if you can since they weigh more and are harder
to carry around. As well they take a longer time to dry if you have to wash some
of your clothes and hang them to dry in your hotel room